GOOD NEWS! Following the latest advice announced by the government and the ECB (here) we are able to start girls training on a Monday evening from the 22nd June.
Timings and booking
– Sessions will be on Mondays from 6pm-8pm starting from June 22nd and running for 12 weeks.
The sessions will now be:
22nd June – Y7 and below – 18:00 – 19:00 (Registration from 17:30 – 17:50, Briefing at 17:50)
22nd June – Y8 and above – 19:00 – 20:00 (Registration from 18:30 – 18:50, Briefing at 18:50)
Please ensure you arrive in plenty of time. Every girl will need to be registered each week and attend the briefing. Arriving on time means maximising the coaching/training the girls get.
– All sessions must be pre-booked. You need to have registered your daughter and paid subscriptions (see below) before attending. Please do not turn up if you have not done this as you will be required to sign in at each session and if you have not paid and registered your daughter will not be able to participate.
– Please book your training sessions for the first 3 weeks using the following link BPG Training availability. No need to save the document after completion as it will do this automatically
The initial subscription for joining training will be £80. If we are subsequently allowed to start matches then we may ask for a top up.
Some of you have already registered and made an initial payment of £40 to book the nets at Teddington. If you have done this, you will need to pay an additional £40 using the bank details below and complete the BPG Training availability sheet
BACS transfer for payment can be made using the bank details below:
IMPORTANT: For BACS use the reference – Age group + initial + surname (for example: “U15ASmith” etc)
Ref: Age group + initial + surname
Sort code 60-21-17
Account Number 52642690
Other IMPORTANT information you need to know
– Social distancing and cricket-specific ECB guidance must be observed.
– The Pavilion will not be available for use. Toilets will be CLOSED.
– Please try to walk or cycle to the sessions. Entry will be through the new Teddington CC car park.
– Groups will be listed in the registration area. Numbers are strictly limited so please remain with your allocated group.
– You will need to have your OWN kit (Pads, gloves, helmet, bat etc for those doing hardball cricket)
– Adults MUST remain present throughout
Naturally, if advice changes or aspects of this are not working as we would expect, we will inform members by email.
This is, of course, a flexible situation and we need to be able to change this advice at any time.
We are hoping for further relaxation of lockdown measures in the coming weeks which could allow larger groups, Pavilion and Bar access and ultimately, organised matches.
Thank you for helping to make this work for the Club.
Mark Avery, Chairman
– – – – – – – – – – – – –
19 May 2020
Cricket is back! Teddington nets will soon be available to book with some restrictions (2 people per household per net) and subject to registering at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10eq1YKuC_ywPoSakvjfzO9ZvlcNOPRGDLsje70H2lm8/viewform?edit_requested=true
and paying a £40 Community charge. Demand is likely to be high so sign up asap! Further details to follow.
All recreational cricket is still suspended until further notice – we don’t know at this stage when we will be allowed to start.
When restrictions are lifted, Bushy Park Girls CC will try to ensure the girls get as much cricket as possible this summer. We will look to arrange fixtures through the summer holidays, which we would not normally do, but given the circumstances this is the best option. We suspect many families will take staycations this summer, so summer holiday matches are practicable.
It will be challenging for the leagues (Middlesex and Surrey) and clubs to rearrange new fixtures in a shorter, later season. So please help us with the following:
- Register your daughter (or yourself) at the link below. No need to make any payment at this time, we will work this out later.
- If you know your daughter cannot play from mid-July through August, please tell us.
- As soon as the restart date and fixtures are available – posted on the BPG website and emailed to you – please complete your players’ availability
Training practice at home and photos
As per my last email (30 April), there are several good cricket training videos on Youtube to show your daughter and get her practicing at home. Also some good cricket challenges set by Middlesex Cricket. We’ve posted these on the page here.
Please have a go!
Please send us a photo and/or video for the website and to post on Instagram (@bushyparkgirls).
The challenges have prizes (TBC) so let us know how she does, and send us the video!
We will tell you as soon as we know details about the postponed season.
Keep safe and healthy
BPG CC Chairman
Bushy Park Girls Cricket Club
Bushy Park Girls Cricket Club was established in 2012 to provide girls with the opportunity to play competitive cricket in a fun and supportive environment. Bringing together girls from the five clubs based in Bushy Park.
We run five age groups – All Stars (5-8 year olds), Under 11, Under 13, Under 15 and Women. Encouraging participation is our principal aim but we also support and encourage our most talented girls and women to progress to representative cricket at county level (including Middlesex CCC, Surrey CCC and Hertfordshire CCC).